The Arctic LTER uses models to:
- examine theoretical constraints on biogeochemistry and community structure. Interactions of CDOM inputs, water residence time, and light exposure to determine DOC photo - degradation (% loss of the initial pool of CDOM, without replacement).
- compare canopy function among arctic tundra types and link that analysis to eddy covariance data;
- analyze effects of primary productivity on trophic structure;
- analyze hydro-logical and biogeochemical connectivity on arctic hillslopes;
- integrate ARC L TER results to assess responses to climate change;
- extrapolate biogeochemical properties of ecosystems regionally;
- predict fish bioenergetic responses to climate change at the individual and population levels , and
- simulate recovery from disturbance.
|Model Output Datasets|